Canada Revenue – New Tax Levy

Attention all non-resident cottage owners – there is a new tax levied by the Canada Revenue Agency. There is a form that you must fill out and send by the end of April, 2023. In most cases, you will be exempt from the 1% tax but the tax report must be filled out regardless. If you do not fill out the form, you will have to pay the tax.

For more information, go the Government of Canada website, From there you can search Underused Housing Tax.