Boating License Information

It was brought up at the annual meeting that those Americans who had boats registered in Canada need to have a Boating/Operator’s License from Canada. This does NOT appear to be the case. Granted I am not a government official, but I did review several government websites and I called Transport Canada, and they all say the same thing:
If you have a valid Operator’s license from your state/country Ontario will recognize it as “non-resident proof of competency”.
Continue reading Boating License Information

Federation of Ontario Cottagers Associations, May 2009 Update

First of all, on behalf of the Board of Directors of WRAFT, I want to apologize for the recent lack of communication from the organisation. We have been busy implementing the association of WRAFT and FOCA and ensuring that the takeover of administrative responsibilities has gone smoothly. While WRAFT and FOCA remain two separate legal entities, FOCA and specifically FOCA’s Executive Director Terry Rees is now the spokesman and administrative head of WRAFT. Bob Topp has retired as WRAFT’s Executive Director but remains as a Director of WRAFT and continues to follow WRAFT matters closely. Bob is also Chair of CAPTR – the Coalition After Property Tax Reform. Mail for CAPTR should be addressed to Bob at 84 Poplar Plains Cres. Toronto M4V 1E8. WRAFT maintains its own budget and separate Board of Directors while paying a service fee to FOCA for administrative services.

Continue reading Federation of Ontario Cottagers Associations, May 2009 Update