Lake Matinenda Cottage Owners Association Board Meeting
Meeting called to Order on June 4, 2009 at 1:00 p.m. at Ed Pilon’s cottage house.
Present: Jerry Behnke, Jim Hamilton, Ed Pilon
Absent: Tom Dool, John Grabowski, Ron Servatius, Janet Servatius
A synopsis of items was reported to me (Ron Servatius) by Ed Pilon on June 9, 2009.
- Ben Denaro’s suggestion of a 5 year financial plan was put on hold for more input at the AGM this year. Expenses have been relatively consistent over the past several years and the directors would like to hear more from Ben and the advantages/benefits of this undertaking.
- The Annual General Meeting is scheduled for Saturday, July 25, 2009 at the Lodge. Registration will begin about 9:15 as in the past, with formal meeting start at 10:00 a.m. Ron suggested to Ed that we do something more with food after the meeting to develop relationships between all. Ed will check with Mr. Spratt about this.
- Tony Heppler and Jim Hamilton are working hard on the Rock Bass Tournament scheduled to be sometime in early August.
- Vyrn Peterson and Ken Kennedy have a breakwall engineering and study plan to be presented at the AGM as we requested last year.
- Dennis Davey requested a comparative break down of tax assessments between Matinenda and surrounding lakes at the AGM last year. This report is ready. Ken and Vryn will be invited by letter to attend the AGM on July 25 and fill us in on this and the item above.
- Jim Hamilton is working with the waste haulers to find a better location for the dumpsters this year.
- Committee Chair, Nancy Harz, is working up ideas for donations on promotions for goodwill between the Association and Blind River, this summer.
There were no objections to any items of business, and the meeting adjourned at 2:00 p.m.
Respectfully submitted for Web and Welcome House posting, June 11, 2009 by
Ron Servatius, Secretary/Director